After the accident

We call the clinic on Monday to speak with Dr. Whitehead’s staff and arrange an appointment only to be told that we should have been told to come in, not call. We dressed quickly and left arriving there around 11. We finally saw the doc around 12, well his nurse to begin with. She was a bit mouthy and rough, trying to take off the bandage the ER had put on with nothing to prevent the gauze from sticking OR the splint from sticking. She ended up having to soak the bandage and splint off his fingers, leaving some of the blue foam from the splint behind. Doc looked at the finger and decided he wanted to go and clean it up, set the bone and put the nail back into place. It was arranged for the next day.

We left the clinic and went to the Orthopedic Surgery building, did the pre-op, and finally left there around 3 with orders to bath that night and the next morning in some special soap they gave us and nothing per oral after midnight…blah, blah, blah.

The next day we arrived around 10:30 for an 11 surgery. They finally wheeled him into OR around 1 and began the surgery at 1:30. Afterwards the doctor called the waiting room and told me he still didn’t like the looks of the tip of his ring finger, but he didn’t want to jump the gun. He would see him in the office next week…Wednesday the 27 to be exact…and see how it looked. Instructions were given on how to treat him and we left for home.

I had called Stacie on Monday to let her know I was putting her phone number on the note at the store and she could answer her phone and wait on any customers who might call. As of Tuesday evening we hadn’t heard a word from her. Ana was sick on Monday night, so she took care of what customers I had on Tuesday while we were at Hattiesburg.

Today, Thursday, Terry called Stacie to see if she would go with him and Ana to mow the church yard. He had gotten the bid this year and the wild onions needed mowing. When she came down she was like a drunk person.

She’s taking too much of something and is slurring her words, acting almost drunk. I don’t know if she drinks along with the zoloft and trazadone and whatever else or if she’s taking the loratabs the doc prescribed Shandi when she had her tonsilectomy. Whatever she’s doing she tried to tell me today that it was her shoes making her unsteady. I told her to please not try to feed me that line of bull that shoes didn’t slur your words or make your eyes all glazy and your mouth hang open like some dim wit.
*sigh* Even Shandi worries and says she needs to wake up and go to the health department and talk about her problems. That will help, she says. Bless her.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s