My visit with the doc went well. He was surprised to see me smiling and not mad at him –he just knew I’d be sick, sick and mad. I laughed and told him that I was so much better than when I was in hospital there was no way I’d be mad at him.
We’re still waiting on some results from Jewish on my Iso???what, Rita. My brain says iso-topes that is not what they say and I can’t for the life of me remember, but it has to do with the testing of my particular bacteria I guess.
Anyway-he says hopefully we will hear soon and know what direction to go.
He told me about a spot on my lung that is due to the COPD–they call it a hole and his fear is that the bacteria will settle in there and there won’t be a thing we can do which is why he wants to knock this on back as far as possible to give me some good years. He says then if it comes back-and it will-we will do it again if need be.
Otherwise, come back in a couple months.
Hubby got the church mowing bid this year-he didn’t last year as the grandson of a friend of ours bid on it- a very low bid to ‘save’ the church some money.
One man is the head of grounds. He will be called HoG-he is the one to tell hubby when the yard needs mowing. Certain ones don’t want it mowed when it looks bad because that might mean mowing every week at 130.00 a mowing for a yard that’s at least an acre, maybe more. It takes 4 hours to mow with a 54", 26 HP Zero turn mower.
Since March, where we had an early warm up and wild flowers began to bloom the HoG has told hubby to wait-CoD (Chairman of Deacons) says lets wait another week. When he finally mowed it right before Easter it was so bad in places that it choked the mower down.
2 weeks later hubby asked HoG about the yard and HoG said that CoD said no, it didn’t need mowing. Hubby went to CoD and told him he’d have to rebid the yard because he wasn’t going to tear his mower up mowing that huge thick yard every 3 to 4 weeks.
So-Friday HoG’s wife text me to write a check to a lawnmowing service that is local. So I knew who mowed it this time-over 3 weeks after the 1st mowing.
Secretary came over to bring me the bills yesterday and we were talking and she mentioned that HoG had told preacher’s wife that she could mow the yard every OTHER week if she wanted to.
That upset me because I truly thought the HoG and his wife were good friends of ours. To me good friends would stand up for each other. I thought if it’s OK for the preacher’s wife to mow on a twice a month basis, why couldn’t hubby. Why did he have to be yanked around like a yo-yo? True the preacher’s wife quit her job when they took our church field, but the preacher kept his banking job as a loan officer so we know he makes reasonably good money.
I honestly didn’t want hubby taking the bid but he likes to have the extra pocket money. It’s such a hassle to mow it around the rains when it has to mowed after Wednesday and before Sunday and mow when others think it’s time and listen to even more complain about how scraggly it looks.
Anyway-I told CoD’s wife what hubby had been told and she said her husband had nothing to do with the mowing and never told the HoG when to have it mowed or when not to have it mowed. I think hubby and CoD will talk today. It might cause a huge ripple in the church. HoG might deny ever saying that, but right is right.
Lord, I sometimes think if I can just hold on until I can get medicare and I don’t need this part time to qualify for working disability, then they can have my job of treasurer and I won’t feel obligated to smile when I feel I’ve (or we’ve) been stabbed in the back.
I told hubby that with all this health stuff going on, I did not need a bunch of turmoil anywhere else in my life-
Ok, don’t whining. 🙂 And that my dear Rita, IS whining.
H’burg doc’s office called yesterday. Said my trough was low re: the Amikacin. Said between McCollum and Webb (Jackson doc) they were stopping even the Amikacin until the (I thought she said Isotopes) comes back and that could take a week or two. They may even pull the pic until they determine what they will do with me. They don’t want to give me JUST Amikacin because this bug requires 2 IV antibiotics and taking Amikacin alone could cause the bug to become resistant. If I become too sick before we get that test back, then I’m to call H’burg and go back into the hospital and they will try my Amikacin with something that began with a B-don’t know why they can’t do that now but I was so discouraged I didn’t ask.
I keep thinking if I’m not being treated how will ever have enough breath to do the FM when it opens in May. Right now I feel fine, as long as I am sitting on that couch and not moving a lot. I do my 3 breathing treatments soon after coffee and can move around slowly without extreme huffing and puffing. By noon-if I’ve not moved around a lot, it’s another neb treatment to even be able to go to the sink and I have a small house. Then around 5-6, it’s the evening treatment consisting of 2 meds and I’m good for a bath without thinking I will pass out.
I honestly don’t know about oxygen. I had it in the hospital and while I slept better, I didn’t have any more walking air.
Just a quick update-yesterday when Dr. Webb ordered all meds stopped until blood work was done, I had already taken my daily dose of Amikacin. I didn’t take the 3 doses of Cefoxitin that would have brought me to now–4:30, 10"30, 4:30.
There is such a world of difference in just my breathing, not to mention my overall feeling of well being. While Cefoxitin didn’t make me extremely ill like the Impemem did, I always felt yucky afterwards and my breathing was more labored, I became more short of breath on just a short walk.
This morning I have fixed my grits, washed dishes and put on a load of clothes all with no extreme labored breathing.
Oh mercy. HH nurse came was doing her thing trying to draw blood for a amakacin peak and some other test when Jackson docs nurse called. Got off phone and Hattiesburg nurse called. Got off phone and drug people called. 😀 I don’t like being so important.
Anyway stop all meds till blood results are back, whatever test Jackson wants. Also they are sending my stuff (labs and such) to the Jewish Hospital in Denver, Colorado or I think that is where they said it was. Anyway that’s the latest.
Friday I was started on the 2 bags of Ipemimin and the other one…every 6 hours. Within 15 minutes of finishing the meds I became extremely nauseated. After the 3 AM dosage, it was worse and with each dose thereafter the nausea, just can’t hold your head up, icy hot feeling from chest to top of head worsened. I contacted Home Health, they spoke to the on call doc who said under no circumstances should I stop the med, instead prescribed Zophran for nauses. I got this and began to take it, with no improvement what so ever. Each dosage caused me to become more and more unable to go. After the 3 PM dosage of all 3 yesterday I began to heave and try to throw up, even on nausea meds. I had tried to eat, but even with the nausea meds, I simply couldn’t take in more than a few bites, and I was sipping water and juices often.
Up until adding these 2 new meds, I was breathing better, feeling stronger every day and looking forward to joining life again.
At the 8:30-9:30 dosing we spaced out the C-antibiotic (forgot spelling) and I only used 1 bag of the Impenimim-I didn’t throw up, but was still very nauseous. I also noticed difficulty urinating.
I completely skipped the 3 AM dosing, and apologize for not obeying orders, but it was do something or I do believe I would have gotten worse and worse until I ended back in the hospital and I don’t want to be there if possible. I woke feeling much better, peeing much better and thinking I might be able to eat a decent breakfast.
I have spoken with Infusion Solutions and they advice adding the Cifoxitin back and see how that goes, so I am doing that.
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
First, I got my new breathing meds -same thing I was using but for the nebulizer. I used them and there is/was such a difference in my ability to breathe I was so encouraged. I felt as though with these treatments I could slowly begin to do more around the house because I would have the breath to do so. Not only that but I would feel up to going to church.
Late yesterday, around 4 I called Infusion Solutions (where my med comes from) to be sure they were sending me a new supply since I had used my last bottle. I was assured they were working on it.
Around 6:30 the courier called to confirm they were on the way and would arrive around 8. At 7:50 one of the Home Health nurses called—not mine, she is being promoted to the office, but I know this girl’s family well. She wanted to know if the meds had arrived and finding out they hadn’t, she said to call her as soon as they arrived as she was sitting on go to come. I asked her why she was coming over that I had already taken my med for the day at which time she informed me that the doctors had added 2 new IV meds.
Thank God Ana was home. Terry was at the ‘shed’ and well deserved the night with his friends as he had been by my side all week except for work. Although Ana was napping, I quickly went and woke her so she could accept the med if it arrived before I was done with my bath, and I was determined to bathe just in case either of these meds sent me back to the hospital. 😀
So-meds arrive, Nurse Heather arrives, and these 2 meds are every 6 hours-fine-EXCEPT one of them isn’t an easy flow bottle (or whatever they call the self-contained ones) it is a hang and drip and instead of 30 minutes it is an hour long. Now HOW am I going to manage the Farmer’s Market with this thing hanging for an hour? I could manage the easy flow one as that just sticks in your pocket, I can even do them myself now that Heather has given me an extension to one of my outlets.
Well, fear set in over possible reactions so I hit my prayer chain folks and they started praying and Heather started hooking me up. The 30 minute one did fine, the hour long one cause some shortness of breath and a (don’t feel good) feeling, but initially that was all. Heather left and as I got up to head to bed the nausea hit and I really thought I would end up puking but I managed to get into bed and finally that subsided.
Ana woke me at 3 AM (love that youngun) and we begin the routine again-this time the hour long med (haven’t learned their names yet) started me feeling nauseous by about the 40 minute mark and it got worse. It eventually got so bad that I had the saliava (how is salava spelled?) backing up in my throat but thankfully no throwing up. We have to seriously talk about this one.
Anyway, even when I woke up I still feel sickish.